TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE (STANDARD) | Lakeside Process Controls Ltd.
These terms and conditions, the attendant quotation or acknowledgment, apply to every sale of Product(s) and every supply of Services by the Seller to the Buyer. The Buyer specifically agrees and acknowledges that unless the Seller agrees in writing to a modification of these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions apply and take precedence over any of the Buyer’s Terms and Conditions whether set out in the Purchase Documents or otherwise.
1. PRICES: Unless otherwise specified by the Seller, the Seller’s price for the sale of the Product(s) will remain in effect for thirty (30) days from the date of the Seller’s quotation. Unless otherwise specified, the Services provided by the Seller will be charged at the prices quoted in the Seller’s quotation, if accepted within thirty (30) days from the date of the quotation, otherwise the prices charged will be at the rates set out in the Seller’s published rate schedule in effect at the time the Services are actually rendered. The Seller’s prices do not include applicable taxes which will be added to the price quoted and appear as a separate line item on the Seller’s invoice. The seller has the right to limit quantities.
2. DELIVERY AND TRANSFER OF TITLE AND RISK: All delivery dates of the Product(s) and/or Services to be provided by the Seller are approximate only and are based on the Seller having received from the Buyer all information required by the Seller to provide the Product(s) and/or Services. All Product(s) shall be delivered to the Buyer at the location indicated in the Purchase Documents or if no location is indicated in the Purchase Documents, EX WORKS at the point of the manufacture of the Product(s). All risk of loss or damage to the Products while in transit shall be borne by the Buyer. Title shall pass to the Buyer on the Product(s) being delivered to the Buyer. Seller shall retain absolute right to recover product(s) that have not been paid for without such recovery being deemed a trespass.
3. DOCUMENTATION: The Seller shall supply the Buyer with the documentation specified in the Seller’s quotation. Any additional copies of the documentation or the supply of the documentation on alternative media will be provided by the Seller to the Buyer at the Seller’s price then in effect.
4. EXCUSE OF PERFORMANCE: Seller shall not be liable for delays in performance or for non-performance due to acts of God, war, riot, fire, labour trouble, unavailability of materials or components, explosion, accident, compliance with governmental requests, laws, regulations, orders or actions, or other unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond Seller’s reasonable control.
5. TERMINATION AND SUSPENSION BY BUYER: Buyer may terminate or suspend its order for any or all of the Goods/Services covered by the Agreement, provided that Buyer gives Seller reasonable advance written notice of such termination or suspension and reimburses Seller for all losses, damages, costs and expenses arising from such termination or suspension.
6. LIMITED WARRANTY: Subject to the limitations of liability and remedies set out in Section 7, the Seller warrants its Product(s) and/or Services as follows: Emerson Process Management Products: The Seller will, at its option, repair or replace any defects in materials or workmanship in any Product(s) manufactured by the Seller which appear within the earlier of twelve (12) months from the date of the initial installation of the Seller’s Product(s) by the Buyer or eighteen (18) months from the date the Seller’s Product(s) were delivered to the Buyer.
Re-Sale Products: The Product(s) manufactured by any third party provided by the Seller to the Buyer shall be subject to the manufacturer’s standard warranty. The Buyer agrees that the Seller shall have no liability for correcting any defect in the materials and workmanship in any re-sale Product(s) and that the Seller’s only obligation is to make a reasonable commercial effort to assist the Buyer in making a warranty claim as against the manufacturer’s standard warranty.
Services: Any Services supplied by the Seller, including component integration, device configuration and the repair of Product(s) are warranted against defects in workmanship for a period of the earlier of ninety (90) days from the date of the installation of the Product(s) or one hundred and twenty (120) days from the date of the delivery of the Product(s) to the Buyer. Any interpretative services provided by the Seller are not warranted either as to the accuracy or correctness of any such interpretations or any recommendations made by the Seller based upon these interpretations.
Software: (a)The Seller does not warrant that any software provided by it in connection with the Product(s) and/or Services will be free from defects or that the software will run uninterruptedly; (b)The only warranty provided for software or any upgrades to any software not developed by the Seller is the warranty provided by the original supplier of the software. The Buyer agrees that the Seller has no liability for the repair or correction of any defect in any such software and that the Seller’s only obligation is to make a reasonable commercial effort to arrange for the supplier of the software to make corrections to the program of any defect in it; (c)Any software developed by the Seller, including any original software applications based upon the source code provided by others, and any upgrades to such software, is not warranted.
On-Site Warranty Support: If the Buyer requires the Seller to provide any Services relating to any defect in the Product(s) and/or Services provided or any warranty claim made by the Buyer in respect of the Product(s) and/or Services, including diagnosis, dismantling and reinstallation of Product(s), at the Buyer’s site, all costs of travel to and from the Buyer’s site and of these Services shall be paid by the Buyer at the rates set out in the Seller’s published rate schedule in effect at the time the Services are actually rendered.
WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS: (a) The Seller does not warrant the performance of any Product(s) and/or Services provided by it to the extent that the actual operating or other conditions differ from the specifications, information, representation of operating conditions or other data supplied by the Buyer for the purpose of the selection or design of the Product(s) and/or Services to be provided by the Seller. Seller relies on the Buyer’s description of the aforementioned; (b) This limited warranty shall not apply to any repair or replacement of Product(s) caused by abuse, accidental damage, misuse, improper installation, and improper application, corrosion or inadequate or improper preventative maintenance of the Product(s); (c) The Seller does not warrant the performance of any Software or Products controlled by the Software provided by the Seller unless the Buyer attends a site acceptance test and completes the site acceptance test documentation when the Purchase Documents require a site acceptance test of the Software and Products; EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, THERE ARE NO OTHER REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY OTHER MATTER WITH RESPECT TO ANY OF THE GOODS OR SERVICES.
7. LIMITATION OF REMEDY AND LIABILITY: Seller shall not be liable for damages caused by delay in performance. The sole and exclusive remedy for breach of warranty hereunder shall be limited to repair, correction, replacement or refund of purchase price under the Limited Warranty Clause in Section 6. In no event, regardless of the form of the claim or cause of action (whether based in contract, infringement, negligence, strict liability, other tort or otherwise), shall seller’s liability to buyer and/or its customers exceed the price to buyer of the specific goods manufactured or services provided by the seller giving rise to the claim or cause of action. Buyer agrees that in no event shall seller’s liability to buyer and/or its customers extend to include incidental, consequential or punitive damages. The term “consequential damages” shall include, but not be limited to, loss of anticipated profits, loss of use, loss of revenue and cost of capital
8. INDEMNITY: The Seller agrees to protect, defend and indemnify the Buyer, its respective officers, directors, employees and consultants from and against any and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, liability and costs (including all legal costs and attorney fees) of every kind and nature arising out of or connected in any way with damage to property, personal injury or death of the Buyer’s employees, or third parties alleged to have been caused by any act or omission of the Seller connected with the Product(s) and/or Services provided by the Seller. The Buyer agrees to protect, defend and indemnify the Seller, its respective officers, directors, employees and consultants from and against all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, liability and costs (including all legal costs and attorney fees) of every kind and nature arising out of or connected in any way with damage to property, personal injury or death of the Seller’s employees, or third parties alleged to have been caused by any act or omission of the Buyer.
9. PATENTS: Subject to the limitations contained in Section 7, Seller shall defend any suits brought against Buyer based on a claim that use of the Goods manufactured by Seller constitutes an infringement of a valid patent of the United States or Canada, and shall pay any damages awarded therein against Buyer, provided that Buyer: promptly notifies Seller in writing of the filing of such suit or the threat thereof; permits Seller to control completely the defense or compromise of such claim of infringement; and provides all reasonable assistance and cooperation requested by Seller for the defense of such suit. In the event that only the Goods manufactured by Seller are held to be infringing in such suit and their use is enjoined, Seller shall, at its sole option and expense, provide a commercially reasonable alternative, including, but not limited to, procuring for Buyer the right to continue using the Goods, replacing them with a non-infringing product or modifying them so they become non-infringing. Buyer agrees that Seller shall not be liable for infringement, and that Buyer shall fully indemnify Seller therefor, if infringement is based upon the use of Goods in connection with goods not manufactured by Seller or in a manner for which the Goods were not designed by the Seller or if the Goods were not designed by the Seller or if the Goods were designed by the Buyer or were modified by or for the Buyer in a manner to cause them to become infringing.
10. INSTALLATION: Buyer shall be responsible for receiving, storing, installing, starting up and maintaining all Goods. Seller shall provide a quotation for services to assist Buyer in these functions if requested.
11. TAXES: Any applicable tax or governmental charge payable by the Seller because of the manufacture, sale or delivery of the Goods, or provision of Services, shall be added to the price herein specified. The foregoing shall not apply to taxes based upon Seller’s net income.
12. TERMS OF PAYMENT: Subject to approval of the Seller’s credit department, the Buyer shall pay the Seller the price of the Product(s) and/or Services provided within thirty (30) days from the date of the Seller’s invoice. All overdue payments bear interest commencing on the day on which the amount became payable, calculated at the rate of 1.5% per month compounded monthly (19.5618%) per annum. Unless otherwise provided in Seller’s written quotation, periodic milestone payments shall be made by Buyer when the purchase price of this Agreement exceeds $100,000. In such cases, invoices shall be issued by Seller and paid by Buyer based on the following milestones: Milestone 1: 30% of price upon acceptance of order by Seller. Milestone 2: 30% of price upon release by Seller of approved bills of material to manufacturing for assembly. Milestone 3: 40% of price upon shipment of the Goods by Seller.
13. SOFTWARE AND FIRMWARE: Notwithstanding any other provision herein to the contrary, Seller or applicable third party owner shall retain all rights of ownership and title in its respective firmware and software, including all copyrights relating to such firmware and software and all copies of such firmware and software. Except as otherwise provided herein, Buyer is hereby granted a nonexclusive, royalty free license to use firmware and software, and copies of firmware and software, incorporated into the Goods only in conjunction with such Goods and only at the Buyer’s plant site where the Goods are first used. Buyer may negotiate with Seller separate licenses to use such copies and firmware and software at other plant sites. Buyer’s use of certain firmware (as specified by Seller) and all other software shall be governed exclusively by Seller’s and/or third party owner’s applicable license terms.
14. BUYER SUPPLIED DATA: To the extent that Seller has relied upon any specifications, information, representation of operating conditions or other data or information supplied by Buyer to Seller in the selection or design of the Goods and/or provision of the Services and the preparation of Seller’s quotation, and in the event that actual operating conditions or other conditions differ from those represented by Buyer and relied upon by Seller, any warranties or other provisions contained herein which are affected by such conditions shall be null and void, unless otherwise mutually agreed upon in writing.
15. NON-DISCLOSURE: The Buyer agrees that it shall not disclose or otherwise make available to third parties any particulars relating to any materials which the seller has a proprietary interest in including, but not limited to its product, software, firmware, specifications, drawings and data, without receiving written permission from the seller. 15. NON-DISCLOSURE: The Buyer agrees that it shall not disclose or otherwise make available to third parties any particulars relating to any materials which the seller has a proprietary interest in including, but not limited to its product, software, firmware, specifications, drawings and data, without receiving written permission from the seller.
16. GENERAL PROVISIONS: (a) Buyer shall not assign its rights or obligations under the Agreement without Seller’s prior written consent. (b) There are no understandings, agreements or representations, express or implied, not specified in the Agreement. (c) No action, regardless of form, arising out of transactions under the Agreement, may be brought by either party more than two  years after the cause of action has accrued. (d) The Agreement is formed and shall be construed, performed and enforced under the laws of the Province of Ontario. (e) GOODS AND SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER ARE NOT SOLD OR INTENDED FOR USE IN ANY NUCLEAR OR NUCLEAR RELATED APPLICATIONS.
QF-062 Rev 3 – Aug 5, 2005
Minimum Order Value Policy | Lakeside Process Controls Ltd.
Effective April 21, 2016, the Minimum Order Value for all Lakeside Process Controls Ltd. customers is $135 CAD.
Return Policy Policy | Lakeside Process Controls Ltd.
Returned equipment may be accepted for return by Lakeside Process Controls Ltd. if the equipment is new, unused, undamaged, in the original shipping container(s), and within three months of original purchase date. All returned equipment is subject to a restocking fee to be determined at the time of request. Shipping charges for the return shall be paid by the customer and sent to a location designated by Lakeside Process Controls Ltd. Lakeside Process Controls Ltd. will retain delivery premiums associated with the original shipment of the returned equipment. Upon receipt and inspection of the equipment, the condition of material is subject to determination by Lakeside Process Controls Ltd. Quality Assurance department. Lakeside Process Controls Ltd. reserves the right to deny credit for any authorized returns that upon inspection are deemed not to meet the criteria set out above. Lakeside Process Controls Ltd. reserves the right to refuse the return of equipment if the equipment is non-standard, of special material, built-to-order, or not returnable to the original manufacturer. Return Material Authorizations are valid for six months from issue date, after which time Return Material Authorizations that have not been received will be cancelled, and associated equipment will be refused if received at Lakeside Process Controls Ltd.
Change Order & Cancellation Policy | Lakeside Process Controls Ltd.
Change Orders and/or Cancellations issued by the Customer after contract placement with Lakeside Process Controls Ltd. will be subject to fees to be determined at the time of the change and/or cancellation request. Changes include but are not limited to changes to Documentation, Tagging, Calibration Range(s), Model Number(s), Quantity, Materials of Construction, and Orientation. Cancellations are defined as each reduction in quantity of model(s) and part number(s) per line item ordered. In the event of a Credit Hold, Lakeside Process Controls Ltd. reserves the right to apply cancellation fees; if equipment has been built and ready for shipment for 60 days beyond the original requested ship date, and the credit hold has not been resolved by the Customer, Lakeside Process Controls Ltd. reserves the right to cancel the Customer’s order and apply all associated cancellation fees to the Customer’s account.